Saturday, August 11, 2007

Well that was fast

So Friday was my last day of employment at the Statesboro Herald.

I gave my boss a little more than two weeks notice of my intent to leave, wanting to be fair to him and to the other reporter (yes, that's singular) to give them time to try to line up my replacement. I told my editor on a Wednesday I was leaving. By Friday, he'd offered the job to someone else and by the next Tuesday, he'd accepted.

Now my ego isn't so big that I thought I was irreplaceable. But two days to find someone who could do my job? My boss said it was more of a matter of finding someone quickly and that's why they hired someone so quickly. I'll believe, however, that it just meant I could be replaced at a moment's notice.

3 comments:

Scott Garner said...

"I'll believe, however, that it just meant I could be replaced at a moment's notice."

Just don't stop blogging. My sidebar would miss you more than the Herald would.

John said...

I am kind of sad to hear about the job change, but I know well that things happen and you have to go with it. I will miss the blog postings of your columns so just keep the blog going. By the way, thanks for taking this RAC job now and not 2.5 years ago, i would have had to work for you then.

thebadeditor said...

And you just figured that out, Luke?

Hope you and Yes Dear are doing well.